Weapons Carry Renewal License Information
Weapons Carry License applications will be processed by the Court “by appointment only”.
You must complete the Renewal Weapons Carry License Application online.
NOTE: you will not be allowed to enter the Courthouse for a Renewal Weapons Carry License if you don’t have proof of an appointment. If you miss your scheduled appointment, you will have to contact the Court for further instructions, and you may have to re-submit your renewal application.
STEP ONE (1):
Submit an Application: You must complete the Weapons Carry License Application online. After you submit your online application, you will be directed to your “Receipt Confirmation.” After you receive your “Receipt Confirmation,” you MUST return to this Page to schedule your appointment to process your application at the DeKalb County Probate Court.
***You will need to enter the “Order #” from your “Receipt Confirmation,” when scheduling the appointment, so write it down or print out your “Receipt Confirmation” page.***
STEP TWO (2):
Book an Appointment: Return to this Page and go to the self-scheduling calendar. There are different schedules available for four (2) different windows, please check availability at each window using the drop-down boxes. Once you select the date and time for your appointment and provide all the requested information, you will receive an E-mail Confirmation of your appointment date and time at the DeKalb County Probate Court.
Please be aware that the E-mail Confirmation may go to your SPAM or JUNK folders. You MUST print the E-mail Confirmation and bring a copy with you to the Courthouse or have it visible on a hand-held device.
Please select the date and time, enter the name of the individual applying for the Weapons Carry License and all other requested information, including the email address where your e-mail confirmation will be sent.
NOTE: you will not be allowed to enter the DeKalb Courthouse for a weapons carry license if you do not have written proof of an appointment.
NOTE: you will not be permitted to enter the Courthouse or Probate Court offices if you are not wearing a MASK. If you miss your scheduled appointment at the DeKalb County Probate Court, you will have to contact the Court for further instructions, and you may have to re-submit your application.
Renewal of Weapons Carry License
- To apply for a renewal, you must present your valid weapons carry license when you submit the renewal application. It cannot be renewed more than 90 days prior to the expiration date or more than 30 days after the expiration date.
- The total fee for renewal is $30.00 plus $2.00 for shipping and handling payable by cash, money order, certified check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. No personal checks are accepted.
- There is no fingerprinting requirement for a renewal applicant.
- At the time you apply for a renewal license, you may apply for a temporary renewal license. The fee is $1.00.
- All fees are nonrefundable.
- A service fee of 2.75% will be added to all credit, debit, and ACH transactions. The minimum service fee is $2.00, and the service fee will be billed by AMS and will appear on your statement as AMS*SERVICE FEE.